As a new feature here on benefitsbclp.com, we are going to regularly share some recent benefits-related(ish) stories and other links.
- The IRS is encouraging donations of unused leave to help Hurricane Sandy victims. A more complete list of Hurricane Sandy-related IRS news is also available here. The PBGC also has a list of disaster relief announcements and Medicare has extended enrollment for those impacted by Sandy.
- Get out your flotation devices because Politico is predicting a post-election flood of health care reform guidance.
- Several states had PPACA measures on the ballot. You can check out this list of the measures, and how they fared on election night.
- Speaking of health care and elections, this Washington Post article says many employees are overwhelmed by open enrollment.
- And just when you thought we were done with PPACA litigation, the Obama administration has said it does not have a problem with the Supreme Court allowing Liberty University’s challenge to PPACA to be reviewed at the Fourth Circuit.
- A Plan Sponsor Council of America study showed that participant fee disclosure did not significantly change participant behavior, but it did change the behavior of some plan sponsors.
- Do you think you know your facts about health care? Take this short LA Times quiz and see how your score.